February 28th, 2013
Thank you for visiting A-Authentic Garage Door Service Co.’s garage door repair blog!
We have decided to consolidate all of our garage door repair and installation tips, tricks, news and advice into one easy to find location.
This means that as of 2/28/2013 we will no longer be updating this blog, but you can find all of the same great information that you are used to reading here ( and much more!) at arizonagaragedoors.org
For any and all garage door repair and installation service in the Phoenix & Tucson areas give us a call at 602-678-1089 – where you always receive a free service call with any repair. (See website for details)
February 26th, 2013
The Phoenix garage door experts at A-Authentic Garage Door Service Co. always recommend securing your garage given its reputation as common source of entry for burglars and thieves. From bad homeowner habits to garage door windows that expose your most-coveted possessions, the experts at SimpliSafe have the scoop on how to prevent garage break-ins and securing your home.
9 Tips to Secure the Most Vulnerable Room in Your Home: The Garage
- Lock it up! – Sounds like common sense right? It’s amazing to hear all the stories of burglars never having to break into a property; they simply just walk through an unlocked front door or garage. This tip is really easy: lock it up! For added security, install a high quality door lock and deadbolt.
- Garage door windows – Burglars are known to look into windows to see if there are any high value items in plain sight. Don’t do burglars any favors by letting them see what items you may have in your garage. Replace your garage door with one that doesn’t have windows. If this isn’t an option, you can frost or cover your garage windows for the same result.
- Don’t flaunt your stuff – Leaving your garage open can allow anyone driving or walking by a full view of all of your stuff. Keep your garage door closed at all times. Even if you’re driving down the street for gas. A burglar just needs a couple minutes to take what he needs from your garage, don’t give them that chance!
- Fortify that door – The door from your garage into your house should be as secure as your front door. Once a burglar is done ransacking your garage, what do you think is next? Your home! Make sure your door is made out of solid-core wood or reinforced steel. This will slow a burglar down, and eventually deter him from gaining entry.
- Spotlight your garage area – Installing a bright light near your garage can keep burglars at bay. Installing one with a motion sensor is ideal but not necessary. Be sure to install lighting somewhere out of reach from a burglar.
- Car keys – This is probably the biggest security mistake everyone makes. After parking your car in the garage, most people have a tendency to leave the keys in their car. This is a big no no! Most people have the office, home, or storage keys on their key ring. You might as well sign the house over to the burglar if you’re making this mistake.
- Automatic garage door opener – Automatic garage door openers make life a whole lot easier when getting home from work, but it’s not all that great for garage security. Burglars are commonly known to use an electronic device called “code grabbers.” Basically what it does is record the radio signal from your remote to the opener giving them the same access as you do into your garage. Modern garage door openers utilize “rolling code” technology which means your remote transmits a brand new security code each time you press your remote making it virtually impossible for a “code grabber” to detect.
- Mark your property – It’s your stuff, so mark it! Engraving your name on all your high value items in your garage can save you in the long run. Burglars have a hard time pawning items with someone else’s name on it. Also, if your items are ever stolen and found later on, it’s a good way for the police to get your stuff back to you. Proving that it’s yours is really easy too!
- Install a burglar alarm – Installing a wireless security system in your house is Home Security 101. In the event your home is ever burglarized, a siren blares loudly and the police are sent to your home. Not only is there a benefit to catching the burglar in the act, but you are also eligible for a homeowner’s insurance discount.
While no home claims to be burglar-proof, these 9 steps will surely help close the gap in security for you, your family and your belongings.
To read the full article, click here: 9 Tips to Secure the Most Vulnerable Room in Your Home
February 20th, 2013
We’ve all seen those pesky infomercials depicting a clumsy handyman then cutting to a clip of an easily avoidable accident. Sure they might look cheesy but DIY repair work and unsafe home remedies are a common source of injuries in and around your home. Specifically, issues with a faulty garage door or improperly adjusted door springs may result in dangerous conditions that should be avoided at all costs.
At A-Authentic Garage Door Service, we never recommend tightening a garage door spring without the proper training and tools. That’s why all of our garage door spring repairs are serviced by a trained and licensed technician.
Today there are two types of torsion springs, Oil tempered and Galvanized. We use Oil tempered which provide you trouble free service for years to come.
Still unsure of the difference? Professional Door Dealer has the scoop:
Galvanizing is the process of applying/ bonding a zinc coating to the surface of the wire. In the case of galvanized wire for garage door springs, the galvanizing process is done prior to drawing. You may have heard the term “drawn after galvanizing” or DAG. This is the process currently used to manufacture galvanized spring wire for garage doors. Sivaco offers a “lead-patented” hard drawn galvanized wire. It is this process, according to a Sivaco representative, that gives GHD its “superior” performance characteristics for garage door torsion springs.
Oil tempering is an additional step in the process after the wire is drawn in which oil is used to heat-treat the wire to give it certain properties. The wire is heated to a very high temperature—in excess of 1500 degrees Fahrenheit—then cooled rapidly or quenched using oil, and then reheated again to a very high temperature. This process is intended for wire used in springs “that are subjected to static loads or relatively infrequent stress applications,” according to ASTM. This is meant to distinguish garage door spring applications with relatively low cycles from valve spring wire for automotive applications, which are very highstress, high-cycle springs for example.
February 14th, 2013
A-Authentic Garage Door Service, we have served over 130,000 satisfied Arizona customers. We are also A+ Rated with the Better Business Bureau.
BB Accredited since 2001 for 12 years of continuous accreditation.
BBB has determined that A-Authentic Garage Door Service Co. meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business’ products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business’ product quality or competency in performing services.
A-Authentic Garage Door Service Co. affirms that it meets and will abide by the following standards.
February 12th, 2013
Just because your garage is where you keep your car, this space can also be an extension of your home which serves to fit your specific needs. What the extra space in a garage can be used for does not just depend on whether you are a man or a woman, but rather it can reflect the interests of the individual.
When we think of a things that we store in a garage, tools typically come to mind. With the right tool boxes and garage wall organizers, keeping a set (or two) of tools in the garage makes it an organized and efficient work space.
Image via www.wildyoats.com
Many times, people who have a garage choose not to use it for shelter for their car, but rather the space to fulfill their hobbies or profession. Painters, drawers and artists of all kinds use their garage as the perfect at-home studio to express themselves without the fear of having to clean up a big mess like they would inside their house.
Image via www.decodir.com
February 8th, 2013
At A-Authentic Arizona Garage Door Repair, we are constantly faced with assessing garage organization in addition to standard garage door service. Unsure where to start on your next DIY project? Scroll through to check out one of our favorite Pinterest design boards showcasing trusted garage door manufacturer Clopay Doors.
Ideas to clear the clutter so you can actually park your car in the garage or use the additional living space as a workshop or entertainment area.
Click here to see more: Garage Organization
January 28th, 2013
Image via garagehomesusa.com
At A-Authentic Arizona Garage Door Repair, we understand the variety of items that people may collect and keep in their garage. Clutter can consume your garage whether it’s from gardening tools, power tools, bicycles holiday decorations or even lawn furniture. Sometimes this can be overwhelming and may even prevent you from having room for your car, which is why we provide several solutions.
1. Clean out your garage. This sounds like a simple task, but some may find that after cleaning their basement our rooms in their house most things tend to end up in their garage. Try to organize tools that are out of place, throw away any materials or products in your garage that you never use and dust and sleep all of your garage.
2. Paint your garage. With a new fresh coat of paint, your garage can not only give it a new look but it can make it a more enjoyable place to be. Many people prefer a lighter, cooler tone such as white, grey or even a nice shade of blue.
3. Enhance garage lighting. This will enable you to have a better view of your garage at a very low cost.
4. Polished Concrete. When you take care of the floor of your garage it can change the whole atmosphere. A polished concrete floor can keep down dust, repel water and oil and prevents any chipping or dents.
5. Installing cabinets or drawers. Usually tools and materials are left out in the open in garages, however by simply installing a few cabinets your garage will look much cleaner and more refined.
For more questions or information regarding any of your garage and garage door needs, please visit: www.arizonagaragedoors.com.
January 22nd, 2013
When its time to get a new garage door, it might be because your current door is beginning to look weathered and rickety. Or your garage door makes so much noise when it opens and closes that even the neighbors can hear you returning home. Installing a new garage door will solve all of those problems and improve the curbside appeal of your home. Imagine finally having your garage door opening with a fluid motion as you drive up to your home.
Schedule an appointment with a qualified A-Authentic Garage Door technician to get started. Call 602.910.2883 Today!
Select from a variety of garage door models or order a custom made door to fit your personal style. We can fit any uncommon sized door into your garage and are able to install any door regardless of which company built it. Once there, our technician can have a new door installed in about 2 hours! Leave all the work to us. We’ll set up the door, springs, bearings, rollers, cables and opener. When we are through, we will haul away your old garage door and have it disposed of properly. Its parts that such as the aluminum, steel, card board, and plastic will be recycled.
Consult with an A-Authentic Garage Door installer to learn more about the models and options available.
We only use the best products and hardware to ensure you have a reliable, long lasting garage door system. You can choose from some of the top manufacturers of garage doors and openers on the market including: LiftMaster, Amarr, Clopay, and 1st United. We offer a 5-year warranty on parts and labor, guaranteeing the quality of our services.
January 14th, 2013
A-Authentic Garage Door Service Co. offers service calls within one hour and emergency garage door repairs around the Phoenix metro area, call 602-678-1089.
Phoenix, AZ –– Anyone who owns a garage is bound to need garage door repairs at some point, and when that moment arrives, A-Authentic Garage Door Service Co has proven time and time again to be the best company for garage door repair in Phoenix. Owner, Darrell Peruch, and his reliable team of garage door repair techs make timely house calls in the Phoenix metro area, from Cave Creek and Surprise to Queen Creek and all areas in between.
This Phoenix garage door repair company guarantees to immediately respond to all service calls and will arrive at the home within one hour. This quick response ensures that their customers can make it to work on time, get their kids to school, and get back to their lives uninterrupted. All service calls by A-Authentic Garage Door Service Co are free with repair.
Because of A-Authentic Garage Door Service Co’s excellence in customer service, expertise in garage door repairs, and top-of-the-line products, customers have written excellent testimonials about their experience with the friendly repairmen. A-Authentic Garage Door Service Co. serves Phoenix and Tucson.
About A-Authentic Garage Door Service Co.
Call A-Authentic Garage Door Service Co today for emergency garage door repairs in Phoenix at 602-678-1089. They offer services in garage spring repair, garage door installation, garage door repair, garage door bearing replacement, silencing noisy doors, custom garage door installations, garage door panel replacement, and more. They serve Scottsdale, Glendale, Mesa, Surprise, Sun City, Queen Creek, Peoria, Litchfield Park, Gilbert, and the entire Phoenix metro area. To learn more, please visit:http://www.arizonagaragedoors.com
January 8th, 2013
A-Authentic Garage Door Service Co received the Angie’s List award for their consistently high level of customer service.
‘The Phoenix garage door repair company, A-Authentic Garage Door Service Company, has recently earned the service industry-coveted 2012 Angie’s List Super Service Award, an honor awarded annually to approximately 5 percent of all the companies rated on Angie’s List, the nation’s leading provider of consumer reviews (http://www.angieslist.com/)
on local service companies (http://www.angieslist.com/services.aspx
“It’s a select group of companies rated on Angie’s List that can claim the exemplary customer service record of being a Super Service Award winner,” said Angie’s List Founder Angie Hicks. “Our standards for the Super Service Award are quite high. The fact that A-Authentic Garage Door Service Company earned this recognition speaks volumes about its dedication providing great service to its customers.”
Angie’s List Super Service Award 2012 winners have met strict eligibility requirements, including earning a minimum number of reports, an excellent rating from their customers and abiding by Angie’s List operational guidelines.
Service company ratings are updated daily on Angie’s List. Companies are graded on an A through F scale in areas ranging from price to professionalism to punctuality. Members can find the 2012 Super Service Award logo next to company names in search results on AngiesList.com.
About A Authentic Garage Door Service Co
A Authetnic Garage Door Service Co serves Phoenix and Tucson with emergency garage door services, same day garage door repairs, garage door installations and more. A Authentic is licensed, bonded, and insured in addition to focusing on offering exceptional customer service with all garage door services. The garage door technicians offer prompt service calls in one hour. The company also serves the area of Denver, Colorado. To learn more, please visit: http://www.arizonagaragedoors.com